NOXy®– a chemical product also known under a registered trademark AdBlue®, is used primarily in the latest flue gas purification technologies. Its application allows for a significant reduction of nitrogen oxides (NOx), which are harmful. The reduction process is run until non-toxic water vapor and nitrogen are obtained.
NOXy® perfectly fits in the automotive sector – also in the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems. It therefore helps to adapt to current flue gas emission standards (including Euro V and Euro VI).
The benefits of using NOXy®
- a 3-4% lower fuel consumption by EURO IV-compliant engines and 5% lower by EURO V-compliant engines,
- protection of the environment by meeting the requirements of existing standards governing the emission limits of harmful substances,
- lower road charges in the EU (in Poland, from July 2011 the viaTOLL electronic system for the collection of road charges was launched. By 2014, the system covered 2 880 km of roads. Along with the fulfilment of the higher Euro standards by heavy duty vehicles, the rates per km travelled are lower),
- possible to keep, and even extend, vehicle maintenance periods.
- increased vehicle value at resale.